in

Apple Says Its Supply Chain And Product Will Be 100% Carbon Neutral By 2030

Apple Says Its Supply Chain And Product Will Be 100% Carbon Neutral By 2030

Apple Says Its Supply Chain And Product Will Be 100% Carbon Neutral By 2030


Apple is gettin’ even greener. The company announced that it aims to become entirely carbon neutral by 2030.

Apple’s global business activities are now carbon neutral, and the announcement means Apple will expand the target to its supply chain of production and the life cycle of its products.⁠

It is in Apple’s best interests to encourage its partners to contribute to the fight against climate change.

For example, Apple stated in a 2019 filing that severe weather caused by global warming could “cause a temporary disruption in production or the availability of component parts or finished products, in the availability of a data center, or in the availability or productivity of our workforce.” If it parts are delayed, Apple may be unable to ship products on time, which could harm the company’s sales.


See which other companies said they’d reduce their environmental footprint to combat climate change. Microsoft, for example, has stated that it will be carbon negative by 2030, and Amazon has stated that it will be carbon neutral by 2040.

Within the decade, Apple plans to reduce carbon emissions by 75 percent and develop “innovative carbon reduction strategies” for the remaining 25 percent of its footprint.

In addition, the company is establishing an Impact Accelerator “that will focus on investing in minority-owned businesses that drive positive outcomes in its supply chain and in communities that are disproportionately affected by environmental hazards.”

Also, see Apple Refuses to Remove Negative Feedback About Facebook From the App Store.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Google just Ended Unlimited Free Storage for Google Photos

Google Employees Will Work From Home Until Summer 2021 The Latest Trend

Microsoft Confirms Talks to Buy Tiktok In The U.S.

Microsoft Confirms Talks to Buy Tiktok In The U.S.